cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] CC-HK progress report

  • From: "Thomas Lee" <ytlee AT cs.hku.hk>
  • To: "Rebecca MacKinnon" <rebecca.mackinnon AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org, Doreen Weisenhaus <doreen AT hku.hk>, Peter Yu <peter_yu AT msn.com>, ying chan <yychan AT hku.hk>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] CC-HK progress report
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 12:17:26 +0800

Hi Rebecca,

As a newcomer in this group, I'm very impressed by how much the group
has done in the past few months. .

Hi all,

Briefly introducing myself, I'm a researcher in the Department of
Computer Science of the University of Hong Kong. I am doing research
in the field of semantic web and also teach a Master course in Web
Technologies. Rebecca has kindly accepted my invitation to speak in my
class on the users' perspective in using Web 2.0 technologies, e.g CC
and Wikipedia. That's the reason Rebecca and I met. I'm also working
in the Center for E-Commerce Infrastructure Development (CECID), an
HKU R&D lab on web commerce, and have some R&D collaboration with the
Government and the industry. Some government people are new to the CC
initiatve and would like to know more and Rebecca and I will visit
them to explain what CC is.

I'm from the IT background. Feel free to let me know how I may help in
this initiative I look forward to meeting all of you face-to-face
soon.

Regards,
Thomas