cc-hk - [Cc-hk] Remote participants: skype conference call

  • From: Rebecca MacKinnon <rebecca.mackinnon AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-hk] Remote participants: skype conference call
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 19:03:52 +0800

Hi everybody, I sent out a note a little prematurely about a Skypecast for remote participants. However that option turns out to be a little too user-unfriendly. So we will make it a Skype conference call instead, which should work since we won't have so many people wanting to call in remotely.

How to join?

    * IN ADVANCE: Make sure you have Skype installed on your computer and that you have an account set up.
    * ALSO IN ADVANCE: Add "rebeccamack" to your Skype buddy list (be sure to include a note identifying yourself and saying that you want to join the CC HK call).
    * A little before 7pm on Monday, log onto Skype. Rebecca will see your user name there, and will add you to the call.

We'll see how it works. Please bear with me if it doesn't! If you have things you really want to let people know about and you're not going to be there in person, please put your ideas or concerns on the wiki.

Thanks.
Rebecca

Rebecca MacKinnon
Assistant Professor, Journalism & Media Studies Ctr.
University of Hong Kong   (http://jmsc.hku.hk)

Tel: +852-2219-4005

Co-founder:
www.GlobalVoicesOnline.org
"The world is talking. Are you listening?"

  • [Cc-hk] Remote participants: skype conference call, Rebecca MacKinnon, 07/28/2007