cc-hk - [Cc-hk] Monday 7p meeting - NOTE TIME CHANGE

  • From: Rebecca MacKinnon <rebecca.mackinnon AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: ying chan <yingchan88 AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: [Cc-hk] Monday 7p meeting - NOTE TIME CHANGE
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:33:26 +0800

Hello everybody!

Several people have requested that we move the meeting to 7pm from the original 6pm so that they will have time to make it to HKU from their work. So we will start officially and promptly at 7pm. However some of us will plan to be there by 6:30 for those who would like to come earlier and chat more informally. So below are all the details:

TIME: Monday July 31st, 7pm

LOCATION: University of Hong Kong, Eliot Hall, Foundation Chamber (map attached)

PURPOSE:  This meeting will be very informal - it is not a lecture but an opportunity for discussion. There are three basic goals.

1. Catharina Maracke of Creative Commons International will explain the steps required to localize the Creative Commons license for Hong Kong, and we will update everybody on our efforts to find a local host institution and local lead people for CC-HK. Nothing is yet set in stone so we want to hear your views and ideas.

2. This will be a good opportunity for people to ask questions about how they might use CC-licenses here in Hong Kong in the future and how people in other countries are using them.

3. We also hope that everybody will be prepared to introduce themselves to the group and share ideas about how you would like to use CC, and how you think it can be promoted in Hong Kong after we have localized the license.

My mobile phone number is 6334-8843 in case anybody has any questions or problems finding the location.

I look forward to seeing all of you soon!

Rebecca MacKinnon
Assistant Professor, Journalism & Media Studies Ctr.
University of Hong Kong   (http://jmsc.hku.hk)

Tel: +852-2219-4005

Co-founder:
www.GlobalVoicesOnline.org
"The world is talking. Are you listening?"