cc-hk - [Cc-hk] July 30th meeting

  • From: "Rebecca MacKinnon" <rebecca.mackinnon AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-hk] July 30th meeting
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:45:53 +0800

Hello everybody!

We'd like to schedule a general meeting for everybody interested in bringing to CC Hong Kong for the evening of Monday July 30th.

Catharina Maracke of Creative Commons International will arrive in Hong Kong the previous day, so we are thrilled that she'll be able to join us. We will go over where things stand in terms of finding an academic host institution, legal lead, and public lead for CC-Hong Kong, outline the next steps, and solicit everybody's ideas and views.

Location:  Foundation Chamber, Eliot Hall, Hong Kong University

Time: In order to allow people enough time to leave the office, we are thinking 6pm.  If that is too early for many people we can try to make it later.

Please confirm whether you think you can attend, and whether the 6pm time works for you. That way we can make sure to accommodate people's schedules as much as possible, and have at least a rough idea of how many people will be coming.

A map of Hong Kong U is here:
http://hku.hk/maps/index.html

I am also attaching a pdf map pointing to Eliot Hall.

Cheers,
Rebecca

--

Rebecca MacKinnon
Assistant Professor, Journalism & Media Studies Ctr.

email: rmack AT hku.hk
blog: www.RConversation.com
Tel: +852-2219-4005

Co-founder:
www.GlobalVoicesOnline.org
"The world is talking. Are you listening?"