cc-eyebeam - Re: [cc-eyebeam] Send back your MP3s??

cc-eyebeam AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons-Eyebeam Forum 2003 November 12-19

  • From: Joseph Pietro Riolo <riolo AT voicenet.com>
  • To: cc-eyebeam AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [cc-eyebeam] Send back your MP3s??
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 05:15:30 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 Joline_Blais AT umit.maine.edu wrote:

> <A Href="http://www.sendthemback.org/";
> target="_blank">http://www.sendthemback.org/</A>
>
> "This page was created by Parents and Their
> Kids against Stealing?,group dedicated to
> helping kids feel better about themselves
> through File Sharing Abstinence. We are
> committed to spreading the word that stealing
> is not OK."

Man, this is one of the most idiotic advices I ever see.

(Those people need to be educated that there is no law
against using their concept of sending back MP3's without
their permission or paying them a penny.)

> .... Or
> advice for students?

It is simple: Stop doing illegal activities, destroy
any evidence that point to illegal activities, and don't
tell anyone what you did.

Joseph Pietro Riolo
<riolo AT voicenet.com>

Public domain notice: I put all of my expressions in this
post in the public domain.