cc-eyebeam - Re: [cc-eyebeam] OpenLaw, Chilling Effects, Creative Commons

cc-eyebeam AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons-Eyebeam Forum 2003 November 12-19

  • From: Joseph Pietro Riolo <riolo AT voicenet.com>
  • To: cc-eyebeam AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [cc-eyebeam] OpenLaw, Chilling Effects, Creative Commons
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:10:31 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 Joline_Blais AT umit.maine.edu wrote:

> While we are now trying to exert pressure to
> get our culture back, I hope that this is
> only a first wave of activism that will help
> us get not just our culture, but our land,
> our health, our country back. I hope what we
> are seeing is a real constitutional crisis of
> the kind Jefferson hoped would happen, rather
> than the kind of world Ben Franklin feared:
> the erosion of the Bill of Rights produced by
> the First, and now the second (pending)
> Patriot Act.

I may be flamed for asking this question but it must be asked.
Is there really a constitutional crisis? If so, what is it?

(I am well aware of various problems with intellectual
property rights but they don't reach the point of crisis.)

Joseph Pietro Riolo
<riolo AT voicenet.com>

Public domain notice: I put all of my expressions in this
post in the public domain.