cc-education - [cc-education] Re: cc-education Digest, Vol 6, Issue 15

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: Steve Foerster <steve AT longlever.com>
  • To: cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-education] Re: cc-education Digest, Vol 6, Issue 15
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:48:33 -0500

David wrote:

> Bologna?
> As in Emilia-Romagnia?
> The oldest university in the world, magnificent if that is involved.

Actually, yes, I think that's why they chose Bologna for the initial talks. It was a recognition of the university there as the beginning of European higher education.

I think it's "oldest surviving" though. There were comparable learning centers in the Islamic world that preceded Bologna, although I don't recall the specifics off hand.

-=Steve=-

  • [cc-education] Re: cc-education Digest, Vol 6, Issue 15, Steve Foerster, 12/16/2003