cc-education - [cc-education] A Voice in The Void.

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: David Palmer <davidpalmer AT westnet.com.au>
  • To: cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-education] A Voice in The Void.
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 04:28:12 -0000

Hello,

I notice a distinct lack of activity, I don't know if anyone else is
aware of it?
I'm aware that this time of year is a busy one within the educational
environment, but to keep the pot on the simmer, I thought that I might
drop a line in the water so to speak.

Whilst allowing for busy schedules, I thought that it might be
productive if we were to assemble a cache of promotional avenue
possibilities. The idea thus planted, everybody can go about their
routines, and still subconciously be working on the project.

Somebody has already mentioned Internet2, and I think that Stephen
Downes would be only too happy to include an article in OLDaily.
There are many other web mediums that could be employed, and those that
we are familiar with, if we were to feed them into the list, would
assemble the elements required for a campaign of mass notification to be
activated at the appropriate time.

As to be expected, there is an international flavour amongst the list
participants, and if each of these nationalities were to forward an
email link for their Dept. of Ed. newsletter, all of these could be
notified and they in turn, would pass on the information to their
members.

Whatever the form the communication were to take, I would highly
recommend that other educational aspects, such as the MITOpencourseware
programme, URLs be included to assist people new to the concept to
bridge the gap toward actual participation in the programme.
I have already noticed an increasing number of sites on the net with the
CC link, and new personalities, lead to these sites would be inclined to
follow the link back to the CC site increasing exposure, generating
discussion within their respective environments, and the resultant
participation.

Ideas? Thoughts?
Regards,

David.

  • [cc-education] A Voice in The Void., David Palmer, 11/30/2003