cc-devel - [cc-devel] cc-xmp-tag.pl

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Andrew Smith <asmith16 AT littlesvr.ca>
  • To: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org devel" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] cc-xmp-tag.pl
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 00:12:20 -0400

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you know about a tool we've created for reading and writing the appropriate XMP tags in media files:

https://github.com/creativecommons/seneca/tree/master/cc-xmp-tag/perl

Using this it's possible to do the tagging correctly in code without spending days/weeks figuring out the specifications and the weird exiftool syntax as I've done.

We're also working on a Java implementation, I'll send a message to the list when that's ready for use.

Cheers,

Andrew

  • [cc-devel] cc-xmp-tag.pl, Andrew Smith, 04/02/2015