cc-devel - [cc-devel] change in website terms of use

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Sarah Pearson <sarah AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] change in website terms of use
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:19:33 -0600

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to alert you that we have modified the terms of use for the CC main site and wiki to account for 4.0.

- Both sites now require that all original contributed content be licensed BY 4.0; contributors agree that their content can also be used under future versions of BY.
- The main site requires that all third party contributed content be either licensed under BY 4.0 or be in the public domain. The wiki is the same, except that third party media may be licensed under any CC license assuming it is appropriately marked with licensing information.

We will be undergoing a more substantial overhaul of the terms of use on both sites in the near future. When we do, we'll be sure to alert the mailing lists again.

best,
Sarah

  • [cc-devel] change in website terms of use, Sarah Pearson, 02/10/2014