cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Commons Technology Summit - Input requested

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jonas Öberg <jonas AT coyote.org>
  • To: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Commons Technology Summit - Input requested
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:10:44 +0200

Hi all,

some of you're receiving this similar message twice -- apologies. But
I just wanted to highlight that work is continuing on the previously
discussed Commons Technology Summit (now dubbed the Infrastructure 4
Open mini-summit). You can see the current planning and contribute to
it on http://okfnpad.org/ctechsummit

Important changes:
- The location has been set to London, with an offer to use the
Google offices at 1-13 St Giles High St (pending final confirmation
once a date is set). A date is not set, and if you have a continued
interest, I would invite you to indicate your preference on the
following Doodle poll: http://doodle.com/i3q6h6chbgcsb452
- We've narrowed down the scope of the summit to "discuss the
infrastructures needed to enable massive re-use of open works with a
focus on what needs to be done to automate and simplify the processes
of re-use."

We currently have four proposed sessions that fit within this scope:

- Open standards for open data
- Metadata and content registries (broadly, incl CKAN, etc)
- Attribution and license metadata
- Automated tools to facilitate the reuse of openly licensed materials

Each of the four sessions have a proposed host, three of which have
provisionally confirmed. The style is likely to be design challenges:
the host of each session present the current thinking within an area
and leads the participants in collectively finding the answers to some
of the problems faced, sometimes to the point of designing user
interfaces and architectures. It will be highly interactive.

Sincerely,
Jonas