cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] 'CC PDF converter'

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Dan Mills <dan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Tarmo Toikkanen <tarmo.toikkanen AT iki.fi>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org devel" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] 'CC PDF converter'
  • Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 15:56:12 -0700

Do we know who made it? Maybe we can reach out and chat?

Dan

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 5:02 AM, Tarmo Toikkanen <tarmo.toikkanen AT iki.fi> wrote:
According to the description, the tool mainly does PDF conversion, and optionally adds a CC image at the end. No mention of XMP markings, which I find quite important. I myself use a Photoshop plugin that can take any image or PDF and add the CC XMP metadata to them: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/XMP_help_for_Adobe_applications#Creative_Commons_XMP_Custom_FileInfo_Panel
Installing this plugin is a bit of a technical chore, so certainly easy entry-level tools are needed.

--
Tarmo Toikkanen