cc-devel - [cc-devel] Adding wikiprojects to search.creativecommons.org

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>
  • To: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org devel" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Adding wikiprojects to search.creativecommons.org
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:37:35 +0200

Hi list,

I met a Dutch initiative that wants to start a Spotify like service for textbooks in the Netherlands and that is exploring CC licensed textbooks. I pointed them to initiatives like Project Gutenberg, Wikisource and Wikibooks. It occurred to me that we do not include these in search.creativecommons.org, while they are almost similar to Wikimedia Commons.

Should we add at least Wikisource and Wikibooks, (Gutenberg could have copyright issues outside the US) and use our internal language switch as the language switch at those projects?

Cheers,

Maarten

--
Kennisland
| www.kennisland.nl | t +31205756720 | m +31643053919 | @mzeinstra

  • [cc-devel] Adding wikiprojects to search.creativecommons.org, Maarten Zeinstra, 07/25/2013