cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] [cc-community] creativecommons.org and IPv6

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>
  • To: cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org developers" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] [cc-community] creativecommons.org and IPv6
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 14:15:36 +0200

Hi Ralph,

This is a very good question. As far as I can see CC.org and its licenses are
not available on the IPv6 only internet. At least as far as I can see on
http://ipv6-test.com/validate.php This will probably gain in urgency in the
next years when IPv6 becomes more popular. It will probably be a simple
matter as changing the DNS settings of creativecommons.org to include an IPv6
address to their web server.

The question should perhaps best be asked at the Creative Commons Developers
list (which I included in the CarbonCopy).

Best,

Maarten

--
Kennisland | www.kennisland.nl | t +31205756720 | m +31643053919 | @mzeinstra