cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] GSoC 2013

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Dan Mills <dan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Kartik A <kartik.a9111 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] GSoC 2013
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 17:36:15 -0700

Hey Kartik,

I think that's along the lines of what we'd like to see, yes. The focus should be on thinking about different widgets for different media/use-cases, prototyping them, and testing them out.

Examples: could we make a full-page (not small) widget that can be embedded into a Tumblr blog to provide, say, a gallery of photos? What about academic papers? Could we make it sortable, filterable, etc? What about smaller widgets, for sidebars, or to include in page content?

Dan