cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Metadata scraper roadmap

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jonas Öberg <jonas AT coyote.org>
  • To: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Metadata scraper roadmap
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:33:27 +0100

I too think it's important that work continues on metadata standards
and other infrastructure work, but also that this can not be the work
of Creative Commons alone, as an organisation. As you say, it would be
very useful to see the ecosystem around this include other
organisations and individuals. It would create for a stronger alliance
around the important infrastructure we need to support the commons,
technically, in the future.

What would be a suitable way forward? I know that CC in the past
organised technology summits that I felt was useful. Still, it would
be good to make progress without needing to physically get together
for something to happen :)

Best
Jonas