cc-devel - [cc-devel] Public Domain Mark added to the CC REST API

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: John Doig <john AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Public Domain Mark added to the CC REST API
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:12:32 -0800

Hey everyone,

This morning we introduced support for the Public Domain Mark in the CC REST API. To start testing the Public Domain Mark in your projects, your code will need to be configured to use the staging endpoint of the CC REST API web service at http://api.creativecommons.org/rest/staging/.

Keep in mind, that the staging version of the API should be considered unstable and only used for application testing and development. Production applications should use the current stable version, as the staging API can and will change.

To access the Public Domain Mark in the API, make calls to URLs under the new license class, `mark`.

For example:

http://api.creativecommons.org/rest/staging/license/mark
http://api.creativecommons.org/rest/staging/license/mark/get

For more information about this release, please consult the API documentation:
http://api.creativecommons.org/docs/readme_staging.html

If you come across any issues, feel free to send me an email or file a bug under the "API" project on our issue tracker:
http://code.creativecommons.org/issues/issue?@dispname=API&@filter=project&project=21

Regards,
- John Doig
- JED3@irc://irc.freenode.net/cc

  • [cc-devel] Public Domain Mark added to the CC REST API, John Doig, 11/17/2010