cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] "SyndFeedPoller" plugin + RSS plugin

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Israel <wegols2 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] "SyndFeedPoller" plugin + RSS plugin
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 16:49:56 -0700

I'm not familiar with that plugin. DiscoverEd adds an aggregate step
to the crawl process to handle this sort of situation. For our
deployment, the aggregate steps polls the RSS feed and adds the
resources it finds to an RDF store, which can then be used to generate
the seed. You may want to ask on the nutch-users email list for Nutch
specific questions.

Regards,

Nathan