cc-devel - [cc-devel] recommend CC search browser plugins

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] recommend CC search browser plugins
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:18:58 -0700

As you may have seen, Firefox 4 is going to drop the CC search from its default set of search engines in its top right searchbar -- http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2010/10/06/refreshing-the-firefox-search-bar/

This is understandable -- the space is incredibly valuable, and even I don't use CC search every day, though it is extremely helpful when needed.

In any case, I'd like to blog about this explaining the background, but first I want to have a good list of search plugins, preferably including for other browsers -- most of them I have near-zero experience with. I would *really* appreciate help curating these recommendations (feel free to develop a new plugin while you're at it ;-)). Email the list, me, or best, add directly to http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CC_Search_Browser_Plugins

Thanks!
Mike

--
https://creativecommons.net/ml

  • [cc-devel] recommend CC search browser plugins, Mike Linksvayer, 10/12/2010