cc-devel - [cc-devel] Help on building libvalidator

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jimmy Ti <jimmyti AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Help on building libvalidator
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:00:22 +1000

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried building libvalidator recently on a recent version of Ubuntu? I am looking to contribute to CC Validator but I am currently stuck on trying to get libvalidator to build.

I am following the instructions written in README inside the libvalidator directory.

After installing python-dev and other required packages stated in the README, buildout, buildout install, and python setup.py bdist egg finished without errors. But easy_install ... failed with the message along the lines of "couldn't find suitable distribution for cc.licenserdf".

Attached is the screen cap of the error message that I got, if that helps to clarify my question.

Thanks,
Jimmy Ti