cc-devel - [cc-devel] error response for REST API calls

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Turadg Aleahmad <turadg AT cmu.edu>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] error response for REST API calls
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:46:13 -0400

hi folks,

I've run into another problem with the REST APIs.  I think it started with the update that fixed the other problem.  I've described it on the bug report for the CC module for Drupal, http://drupal.org/node/581998#comment-2067470.

The CC module requests this URL,
http://api.creativecommons.org/rest/1.5/simple/chooser?jurisdiction=us

but it returns HTTP code 500, internal server error. This was working previously and the API docs say this is a correct request:

http://api.creativecommons.org/docs/readme_15.html#simple-chooser

Am I correct that this is a bug?  If so, estimate on a fix?  Also, are there any unit tests on the API?  This would be an easy one to catch.

Turadg Aleahmad
PhD student, HCII