cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] about the web browser add-on

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Alaric Moore <alaricmeister AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] about the web browser add-on
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:59:29 -0700

HI Alaric,

IceWeasel (http://www.geticeweasel.org/) is the name of an alternative
package for Firefox and is not produced by Creative Commons. We did
produce a browser add-on, MozCC, but it's not compatible with the
latest releases of Firefox.

Are you referring to the search provider that's included with Firefox
for searching via search.creativecommons.org? You can find
information on that (as well as on switching providers) at
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Firefox.

Let us know if that doesn't answer your question.

Nathan