cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Support for CC licenses in WordPress Media Manager (GSOC Proposal)

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Juan José González <juanjosegzl AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Support for CC licenses in WordPress Media Manager (GSOC Proposal)
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:21:48 -0700

A few comments, some echoing Bjorn's existing comments:

* We should probably support storing attribution information as well
as the license URI
* You can modify the database, although it's probably best to try and
structure this like a plugin -- creating your own database table and
joining it to the media table. WP has an API for this.
* I have zero interest in storing an XML file on the disk; WP stores
things in a database, we should put anything we do there as well.
* Yes, a link to the license should be visible (probably both in the
media manager and definitely when the media is embedded in a post).

NRY