cc-devel - [cc-devel] Talicious looking for developers - for equity!

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nicholas MacGowan von Holstein <nicholasmacgowan AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Talicious looking for developers - for equity!
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:53:25 +0000 (GMT)

Taliciousis a talent community website
that allows people to share their talent, communicate with other
interesting people and be discovered by scouts or agencies who can
easily search the site.

Already named as “one of the hottest start-ups“ by Killerstartups and
featured in the Financial Times Germany, on CenterNetworks,
as well as numerous websites and blogs, Talicious has quickly gained a
small but passionate international following ranging from
photographers, musicians, interior designers, fashion designer and many
more.

Talicious
allows talented people to upload their media, whether pictures, videos,
music files, computer designs or documents and create their own
profile. On these pages, users can connect to other talents, fans and
talk about their work in interests. Other people can also leave
comments, rate the talent and join a talent’s fan community.

Currently,
the unique thing about Talicious is that talents get ranked by other
users. This will determine their position in the chart in different
categories, such as sport, photography, modelling and design. As well
as building a fan community for talents that they might not have gotten
anywhere else, Talicious will also help connect talents to agents,
scouts, or anyone else looking to discover the ‘next big thing’, or
simply looking to purchase unique content.

We
now want to change the concept slightly to make Talicious a
‘springboard’ for talented people and also give them a chance to earn
money through the site.
The
idea is that users can upload their content and license them under
Creative Commons license. They can, if they want to, then make the work
freely available to others, including letting others remix, build upon
and edit the works or they can sell their work via Talicious.

We
are now looking for coders to transform Talicious into a platform that
will help others with their aims and ambitions, and to make even more
content available via the Creative Commons license.

We need two coders, or companies, who are good with PHP and can help us with:

· SEO
– the site is currently not optimised for search engines and we need
someone who can tidy up the URL structure, create clean meta data and
keywords for the site.
· Licensing
– we need to install the Creative Commons software as well as a shop
system, allowing talents to sell their works, and for others to
purchase them via the site. We also need to active the ‘premium’ member
feature.
Since
we have very little technical know-how, we need people willing to work
with novices and work themselves into a PHP system.

What are we offering in return, other than the great satisfaction of helping
people fulfill their dreams? The
two coders or companies willing to help us will receive 3% (SEO coder)
and 7% (site restructuring) in the company. You can either keep the %
for yourself, or donate it to Creative Commons, as part Creative
Commons fund raising campaign.

Just
a small note; we are not seeking people that want to make a quick buck;
you should care about the open access and/ or Creative Commons
community and about helping others achieve their dreams. You should
also see this as a fun project and enjoy what you do, since you might
otherwise get frustrated with our lack of technical know-how.

If
you are interested in developing one (or both) of the above mentioned
technical areas, please write to nicholas at talicious dot com with
some background information, and one or two sentences of why you want
to be involved.

More information here:
http://uk.crunchboard.com/opening/detailjob.php?jid=5702

Look forward to hear from you.

Are you Talicious? If you have talent and want to show it off, register
under: www.Talicious.com

  • [cc-devel] Talicious looking for developers - for equity!, Nicholas MacGowan von Holstein, 11/20/2008