cc-devel - [cc-devel] [ cctools-Bugs-2042248 ] RFE: non-interactive (CLI) version of ccPublisher

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "SourceForge.net" <noreply AT sourceforge.net>
  • To: noreply AT sourceforge.net
  • Subject: [cc-devel] [ cctools-Bugs-2042248 ] RFE: non-interactive (CLI) version of ccPublisher
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 00:18:32 +0000

Bugs item #2042248, was opened at 2008-08-07 22:17
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by richardneill
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=559966&aid=2042248&group_id=80503

not just the latest update.
Category: publisher
Group: None

Initial Comment:
One of the things I'm working on is a large shell-script that takes debate
archives (which I have filmed), and handles the process of editing, titling,
normalising, format-conversion etc. The resulting files are CC-licensed, and
I'd like to automatically upload them to archive.org.

However, I'd like to be able to do this *without* a GUI, but via a
shell-script instead. Is there any chance of a modification to CC-publisher,
which might be invoked something like this:

./publish.sh --file MYFILE.mpg --author ... --license ... --type ... --date

This would then upload the file, to archive.org and return the URL of the new
file as its STDOUT.

Error messages to stderr, and exit code 0 or 1 depending on success/failure.

Thanks - Richard