cc-devel - [cc-devel] physical space contracts/ CC+ license & non-profits or charity of choice/ iarts.CC

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jamison Young <jam AT iarts.cc>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] physical space contracts/ CC+ license & non-profits or charity of choice/ iarts.CC
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:28:36 +0100

Hi,

I wrote this article on Icommons back last year looking at licenses for artists and physical spaces. Is creative commons interested in creating this kind of contract for venues to use sometime in the future? http://www.icommons.org/articles/contracts-for-artists- physical-spaces

1)-Contract that the artist signs to tell the venue that the artist is not with rights organization and shall perform only original content at the venue.

2)-Contract that the artist signs that allows the venue to use the recorded music of that artist in that venue free of charge. It would be up to the artist to let the venue know if in the future the artist joined a rights organization.

I posted this (bellow) on iCommons mail list already, then realized that this mail list is the place for it to go.

I wondered if any mock-ups might be created for non-profits/charities to integrate the CC+(+) license to their organization http:// wiki.creativecommons.org/Ccplus ? I see that mock-ups have been made for some of the established sites. Can the CC+ license be for Non- Profit/Charities also? in that i mean artists giving up (part of or all % return) commercial rights to a charity of choice? I also wondered if this license might potentially integrate into works registered with rights organizations outside the US or if this license could be adapted to do that? CC have myspace listed as potentially using this license. A lot of artists on myspace would be interested to give up commercial rights to a charity of choice at the click of a button within their profile. The license would have to be non-exclusive and not like a regular CC license. does that all make sense? you can check out the node at the link http:// www.hungryartists.org

Also: Next month in Oslo i'm told that a project from the http:// www.iarts.CC shall start being developed at the university. artist press kit.