cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] PRESS RELEASE: Creative Commons Releases Add-in Support for OpenOffice.org

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • To: Paul Scott <pscott AT uwc.ac.za>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org, "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] PRESS RELEASE: Creative Commons Releases Add-in Support for OpenOffice.org
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 23:59:26 -0800

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 08:19 +0200, Paul Scott wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 13:22 -0800, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> > Today Creative Commons released an Add-in for OpenOffice.org which
> > allows users to select and embed a Creative Commons license in
> > documents. Based on work completed as part of the Google Summer of Code
> > by Cassio Melo, the add-in supports Writer (word processing documents),
> > Calc (spreadsheets) and Impress (presentations).
>
> This extension will not install on Ubuntu Gutsy OO.o 2.3.0. It bombs out
> with "Could not create Java implementation loader"
>
> Also, on this version, the extensions manager is called Package Manager.
>
> --Paul

Hi Paul and others, don't forget to file bugs:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=80503&atid=559966

I created a cc openoffice.org plug-in category for all filers...also,
patches graciously accepted, as well as functionality
requests/patches...there are equivalent categories for patches and
features as well...cool!

Jon

> All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer
> http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/public/portal_services/disclaimer.htm
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon AT rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon AT gristle.org
IRC: rejon AT irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.