cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] [ cctools-Bugs-1827893 ] liblicense make check fail

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • To: Hubert Figuiere <hub AT figuiere.net>
  • Cc: creative commons developers <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] [ cctools-Bugs-1827893 ] liblicense make check fail
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:30:32 -0800

Sweet, Jason or Scott or Asheesh, what do you guys think?

Jon

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 01:49 -0500, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 23:11 -0500, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 13:23 +1100, Peter Miller wrote:
> > > If that's too radical, some kind of LIBLICENSE_MODULE_PATH environment
> > > variable is clearly necessary, so that the automated tests can set it
> > > and be guaranteed to be testing the modules built in the local checkout,
> > > and not the installed modules.
> >
> > Given the current hierarchy we'd have to have a hook to make check to do
> >
> > (cd $top_builddir/modules ; DESTDIR=$builddir/modules make install)
> >
> > prior to actually running the checks.
>
> I actually have done it and it works.
>
> See attached patch.
> PLEASE DO NOT COMMIT IT. This patch contain other minor changes that are
> already in the patch queue.
>
> I'll clean it up and attach to the bug.
>
> Hub
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon AT rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon AT gristle.org
IRC: rejon AT irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.