cc-devel - [cc-devel] Changes to liblicense .rdf files

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "creative commons developers" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Changes to liblicense .rdf files
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:30:56 -0700

This is just a heads up to let everyone know that I'm working on
regenerating the liblicense .rdf files. The original files contain
some serious errors and we need to get things regenerated. In
particular the following things are changing / going away:

* No more dc:coverage; the assertion was a complete lie
* No more dc:type == License; we have rdf:type for a reason, and
"License" isn't a valid dc:type
* Translations are no longer stored as elements of an rdf:Alt on
dc:title, dc:description; they're mutliple assertions with the
language annotated on the literal. The semantics for rdf:Alt don't
really match what we're trying to convey in these cases.
* Devnations is no longer listed as being superceded by Attribution
3.0 Unported.
* There is a new cc:jurisdiction predicate for ported licenses; the
object is an rdf:resource pointing to the jurisdiction page @
creativecommons.org (ie,
http://creativecommons.org/international/br/). Presumably additional
jurisdiction metadata could live there at some point in the future
[hand waving].
* There will be a new "deprecated" predicate; exact form to be determined.

I'm working on these changes in the nyergler-rdf-sanity branch
(http://cctools.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cctools/liblicense/branches/nyergler-rdf-sanity/);
I'm hoping to merge them back to the trunk early next week.
Questions, feedback welcome.

Nathan