cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] WpLicense 0.9 and JsWidget 0.92

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • To: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] WpLicense 0.9 and JsWidget 0.92
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:32:03 -0700

CC blog it! Big news! You should say something about tonite...

Jon

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 17:17 -0700, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> Hey now everbody now,
>
> I've just released JsWidget 0.92. It has some fixes on our backend for a
> problem where we were offering, in the choice of jurisdictions, the option
> of jurisdictions that hadn't actually finished porting their licenses yet.
> Oops. It also (excitingly!) includes work by Alex Roberts to make it look
> slick.
>
> I think that JsWidget 0.92 has no remaining technical problems nor layout
> problems.
>
> And on that note, I'm also happy to announce WpLicense 0.9. It uses the
> JsWidget so it's *way* smaller than earlier versions. Its simplicity also
> makes it easy to see how one would port its logic to other web app
> systems. This simplicity also fixes major compatibility and reliability
> issues experienced over the past, like, year and a half.
>
> http://wiki.creativecommons.org/JsWidget and
> http://wiki.creativecommons.org/WpLicense have up-to-date information on
> getting and installing these wonderful works.
>
> -- Asheesh.
>
> --
> Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon AT rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon AT gristle.org
IRC: rejon AT irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.