cc-devel - [cc-devel] JsWidget 0.91

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] JsWidget 0.91
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:00:49 -0700 (PDT)

Good morning everyone!

I'd like to announce version 0.91 of the JavaScript Widget that I'm working on. If you're just joining us now, JsWidget <http://wiki.creativecommons.org/JsWidget> is an easy way to offer users a Creative Commons license chooser. Rather than each web app having to write its own UI for this, you can just <script src> something in from creativecommons.org

This release includes:

* A built-in option to select a jurisdiction and remove the jursidiction selector
* An option to let the user select no license at all
* An option to let app developers make "no license" the default
* Translation done by JavaScript not hidden DOM elements

We're getting closer to 1.0. If you want to learn more, just check out http://wiki.creativecommons.org/JsWidget or download the latest examples package from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80503&package_id=239510 .

-- Asheesh.

--
intoxicated, adj.:
When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

  • [cc-devel] JsWidget 0.91, Asheesh Laroia, 08/23/2007