cc-devel - [cc-devel] JsWidget 0.4

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] JsWidget 0.4
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 02:20:15 -0700 (PDT)

I'm happy to announce the newest JsWidget release. As usual, this is a preview. You'll see a few more of these beta releases before the big 1.0 release. As always, I'd appreciate feedback.

This release fixes the JsWidget's previous compatibility problems with Opera, Safari, and Internet Explorer 6 and 7, bringing those browsers to the same level of support as Mozilla-based browsers that I was testing on before. More crucially, all CC-provided HTML IDs and classes and JavaScript functions are prefixed by cc_js_ to avoid namespace clashes with your applications. With that, this release marks feature completeness and API stability.

If you have been waiting for those to start integrating your web app with the widget, now's the time to start! The documentation at http://wiki.creativecommons.org/JsWidget should be enough to get going, but I still think the best way to see how it works is to look at the demo we provide.

You can see a demo of 0.4 on the web at http://labs.creativecommons.org/jswidget/tags/0.4/example_web_app/ or http://labs.creativecommons.org/jswidget/tags/0.4/example_web_app/with-seed.html . You can follow my plan to get to 1.0 at http://wiki.creativecommons.org/JsWidget/Plan . You can download the latest demo from ScareForge at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80503&package_id=239510&release_id=530204 .

(As a side note, I can't get the <select> onchange callback to fire in Konqueror. I'll see if this is resolved in the latest KDE 4.0 beta soon.)

-- Asheesh.

--
Psychiatry is the care of the id by the odd.

  • [cc-devel] JsWidget 0.4, Asheesh Laroia, 08/06/2007