cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Creative Commons Namespace(s)

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "Jason Kivlighn" <jkivlighn AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: CC Developer Mailing List <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Creative Commons Namespace(s)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:27:24 -0700

On 6/25/07, Jason Kivlighn <jkivlighn AT gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, I wanted to point out the use of the namespaces
http://web.resource.org/cc/ and http://creativecommons.org/ns#. It's my
understanding that the later has replaced the former. If so, the XMP
template from the license chooser should be updated to the new
namespace. I can also update the wiki where the former namespace is
used. Seeing both and wondering if there is a difference has been a
source of confusion, at least to me.

That's correct; I'll get the XMP template updated.

Also, could the we get http://creativecommons.org/ns# to point to a
schema description like at http://web.resource.org/cc/?

Done!

Cheers,