cc-devel - [cc-devel] System License Tracking

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Scott Shawcroft <scott.shawcroft AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] System License Tracking
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:55:24 -0700

Hi all,
I'm a new tech intern here at Creative Commons and would like your feedback on my initial design of a system-wide license system. This will include creating a library to allow developers to access the licenses on a particular system. After this is created I'll create front-ends to this system through various systems starting with gnome. The biggest issue I'd like feedback on is what a license file should look like. I'd like to store the uri, name, description, status and legal text within each license file. I've post more info about this project on the Creative Commons TechBlog at http://techblog.creativecommons.org/2007/06/19/system-integrated-licensing/ .
Thanks,
Scott