cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] XMP/CC in Tracker, first patch

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Hubert Figuiere <hub AT figuiere.net>
  • To: Jason Kivlighn <jkivlighn AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: CC Developer Mailing List <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>, tracker-list AT gnome.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] XMP/CC in Tracker, first patch
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 23:39:10 -0400

Jason Kivlighn wrote:

> Attached is work I've done so far, diff'ed against trunk. It looks for
> .filename.xmp in the current directory, and if it finds it runs the
> extractor on it. At the moment, only the cc:license field is recognized.

Why .filename.xmp ? It should be basename.xmp (no dot prepended)
I don't know where this convention comes from but definitely not the one
from the current (non-free) implementations.
I'd rather wish we don't reinvent the wheel.

> How does the patch look? Style? Approach? etc... Also, how do I go
> about getting commit access?

xmp_init() cost a lot to call. Same as xmp_terminate(). You should only
call then once. Actually xmp_terminate() isn't mandatory as when the
programm quits, things will be cleaned up.

And the CC namespace of XMP is defined in the library. It is NS_CC. This
is cosmetic, but ensure that we use the right string.

Hub