cc-devel - [cc-devel] same origin policy workaround?

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Michael Aram" <michael.aram AT wu-wien.ac.at>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] same origin policy workaround?
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 19:14:03 +0200

hello guys!

I want to integrate the default CC chooser into an ajax app. thus, I use an iframe to embed it into a DIV container. I tried to use the exit_url parameter to call a _javascript_ function on my page by it to

exit_url=_javascript_:parent.function('foo');

unfortunately, the same origin policy prevents the funtion from being executed. how can I pass the results of the "choosing process" to the parent frame, i.e. my site? I dont want the page to be refreshed, because its an ajax app...

and I dont want to use  the REST api, cause I'm too lazy ;-)

thanks for your help!