cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] License Metadata Extraction and Search, Summer of Code

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Jason K <jkivlighn AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] License Metadata Extraction and Search, Summer of Code
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:28:07 -0700

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 11:18 -0700, Jason K wrote:
> Since most licenses are placed in RDF or XMP, that code can be separated
> and reused from various extraction modules.
>
> So enough rambling... thoughts?

Sounds perfect to me, though there are two RDF serializations to be
aware of: RDF/XML (and XMP is actually a constrained RDF/XML) and RDFa,
see http://wiki.creativecommons.org/RDFa

MP3 and OGG are the other obviously interesting targets, as you realize.

There is code for extracting all of these used in ccLookup (Python, so
presumably you'd have to rewrite, but the tests Nathan has been building
may be reusable).

--
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer