cc-devel - [cc-devel] Open Mobile Phones and OLPC

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Open Mobile Phones and OLPC
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 01:38:13 +0000

Hello all, I posted on our wiki about two projects you might be
interested in helping with and shaping the direction and contributing
on.

The first is on developing an Open Mobile Phone plan for getting content
onto iPhones, OpenMokos, etc. This is at an early stage, but I think
ripe to get CC-licensed content, software and standards onto.

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Mobile_Phone

Similarly, we need to get CC stuff onto the OLPC project. SO, I'm hopefu
that you all have some great ideas and energy about these projects,
because ideally, I would like to get everyone involved in them.

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/OLPC

Any thoughts or questions about these? Also, what software and content
could we get online?

Man, it would be so cool for someone to start a CC content portal ;) CC
is trying to stay out of the content directory, database, listing game,
but that doesn't mean some enterprising developers couldn't do it ;)

I know some of these exist, so please help out by adding to those wiki
pages and lets get CC content onto these platforms...

Jon

--
Jon Phillips
jon AT creativecommons.org

Software Engineer
Creative Commons
www.creativecommons.org

  • [cc-devel] Open Mobile Phones and OLPC, Jon Phillips, 01/11/2007