cc-devel - [cc-devel] We won! (ccHost that is!)

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cctools-cchost AT lists.sourceforge.net" <cctools-cchost AT lists.sourceforge.net>, "cc-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] We won! (ccHost that is!)
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:54:15 -0700

Heya everyone! ccHost (the Open Source Software that powers ccMixter)
won the Linux Journal LinuxWorld award for best Open Source Solution at
this conference (the biggest Linux and Open Source conference in the
world)!!! I sat down with a Linux Journal editor yesterday and he
interviewed me about ccHost. I showed him what it can do, who is using
it, etc...I honestly didn't think we would win since we were up against
Sun and a couple other large products and didn't have any printed
product literature.

So, this is a cool thing that we can include in our grant reports and
when talking about our technology. Our software is now award-winning!

We have a small transparent trophy and a blue "winner" ribbon :) Do we
have a trophy case for this, our Golden Nica and other ones we bring
home ;) I now have a new goal: winning.

Let's have a big round of applause for Victor and the other people
developing ccHost!!!

Jon

--
Jon Phillips