cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] translate.creativecommons.org

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • To: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cctools-i18n AT lists.berlios.de
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] translate.creativecommons.org
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:59:48 -0700

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 09:04 -0400, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> During the iSummit last weekend in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, I had the
> opportunity to sit down with Dwayne Bailey from the WordForge project
> (http://translate.sourceforge.net). We discussed the tools used to
> translate Creative Commons software and he assisted me in installing the
> server-based tool Pootle (http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle)
> on our servers.
>
> At this time I'm pleased to announce that
> http://translate.creativecommons.org is live and open for business.
> I've moved the ccPublisher translations I have available onto the site,
> and ccHost translations will be available there as well. Some
> documentation on how we're using Pootle is available in our wiki at
> http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Translating_CC_Tools.
>
> If you have questions about using Pootle, about translation in general
> or would like to import a translation-in-progress into Pootle, email the
> cctools-i18n (http://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/cctools-i18n) list.

Heya, finally getting some time to explore on pootle.

How can one create new languages after logging in? I am trying to create
a Korean language translation and honestly can't find how to add this?
Do I have to be an admin. or have higher privileges to add future
languages, or do we have to top-load the translations we want?

I think we should allow users/translators to create their own new
language translation on demand, right?

I'm probably missing something, but maybe Nathan, you can shed some
light on...

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon AT rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon AT gristle.org
IRC: rejon AT irc.freenode.net

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)
Creative Commons (www.creativecommons.org)
San Francisco Art Institute (www.sfai.edu)

  • Re: [cc-devel] translate.creativecommons.org, Jon Phillips, 07/05/2006