cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] P2P Content Store

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Scott Shawcroft <shux_linux AT comcast.net>
  • To: Bjorn Wijers <mailings AT bdisfunctional.net>, cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] P2P Content Store
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 13:05:30 -0700

Bjorn,
I would like to bring all types of artists together. It would cool to
have musicians, photographers, singers and filmmakers. etc. I've seen
the participatory culture foundation is doing. I think its good.
However, these do not aim to compete with illegal p2p services. I
want to program to feel/act like a p2p program. No costs would be
required of artists. We would however make it possible to donate a
percentage to the organization running the p2p. We would have a
limited website but most would occur through the software. Finally, I
do think people do not remix as much as they could. Many people don't
realize the possibilities to remix. One thing to promote this is use
annodexing to point to source files in a final edit. So when people
watch or listen to a mix and like a portion of it, they can go to the
source and use it in their own mix.
~Scott