cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Web services update

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: François Déchelle <francois AT dechelle.net>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Web services update
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:56:48 +0200

I have added this call to the wordpress CCi theme (you can see it at: http://fr.creativecommons.org/test/) and it works fine.

I have not commited it yet, I have problems with image files and subversion that I have to sort out before committing it.

May be the translation is not mandatory in the API: it can be done in the PHP code that calls the API, using for instance wordpress localisation support. This way, you don't have to maintain the list in 25 versions. It is also more error-proof because the translation is done by the person maintaining the language file for the wordpress theme, and this person is supposed to be native-speaking.

François Déchelle

Nathan R. Yergler a écrit :
I've updated the development version of the web services with a new call
that may be useful to some integrators. We now have a basic "support"
API that will include CC information not directly related to licensing. The first call is /support/jurisdictions which returns an HTML drop-down
with the list of launched jurisdictions. Full documentation at
http://api.creativecommons.org/docs/readme_dev.html#support-jurisdictions.

Feedback welcome and appreciated; if there are no objections or
suggestions, we'll move this into the 1.5 API as well.

Nathan R. Yergler
Software Engineer
Creative Commons