cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Sourceforge repository migrated from CVS to Subversion

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: Victor Stone <lists AT fourstones.net>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Sourceforge repository migrated from CVS to Subversion
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:11:43 -0500

> Hey Nathan,
>
> I notice our $Header$ fields are all empty. After a perusal of the SV
> docs (and source) I don't see the equivalent macro expansion
> functionality... am I just missing it?
>
> VS
Subversion does do keyword expansion, it's just a little different than
CVS. For starters, expansion can be turned on or off on a per-file
basis. I'm fairly certain that it's turned on right now for the
imported files (since I think I saw $Date$ headers expanded).

Unfortunately $Header$ isn't a Subversion keyword. See
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.props.html#svn.advanced.props.special.keywords
for info on the 5 supported keywords. I think $Id$ *may* be similar to
what you want, but I haven't used the $Header$ keyword much under CVS.

Nathan