cc-devel - [cc-devel] chat logs + cvs/svn announces + wiki announces + ccPublisher

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • To: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] chat logs + cvs/svn announces + wiki announces + ccPublisher
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:56:03 -0800

BTW, the chat channel is now logging all chats so that you all can view
them later:

http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/irc/cc/

Here is a recent one (and common one) about ccPublisher:

omegHey guys.
13:48 omegI was just uploading something with ccPublisher, but then I
temporarily lost my connection.
13:48 omegI chose "retry" after it told me that the server had timed
out, but now it's not really doing anything.
13:48 omegSo I picked "previous" and tried again, but now it can't
upload my files anymore because the files already exist.
13:49 pmegSo... if anybody's active, and you can help out a frustrated
user, that would be great.

This is all possible after installing supybot in the chat channel which
is acting as a logger and several other functions.

To address the bot, just append @ to a command.

To find out what it can do:

@commands

Also, all current cvs, svn, and mediawiki commits are passed through the
bot to the chat channel.

I'm working on making them a lot less verbose.

Anyhow, feedback is welcome. :)

Jon

--
Jon Phillips