cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] wiki update.. in progress UPDATE

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Bjorn Wijers <mailings AT bdisfunctional.net>
  • To: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] wiki update.. in progress UPDATE
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:09:04 +0200

I'd like to have the same kind of bars navigation as used on the codex.wordpress.org site as seen on the first page of their wiki. So people can easily go to the main topics (maybe have some kind of script eventually that determines which item is most viewed to make things even easier?). Something like this:

* Creative Commons Development Community *
-goals
-communication
-projects

***************************
* Creative Commons Content *
***************************
-curated content
-music
-literature
-movies

-digital heritage
-Europe
-North-America
-South-America
-Asia

All terms and also the titels are clickable and point towards the corresponding info

First we need to index all the current pages and try to index them in this way so we can 'test' the structure. After that we need to be sure that it is indeed more useful for the CC communities, CC and the 'casual' visitors. My proposal is to (ab)use the discussion page in the wiki ;) and start working on this and we can discuss/adjust during this restructering. What do you think about this?

ps: Mike or somebody else from CC HQ: Is this proposal ok with you guys? Can we go ahead and restructure?
ps2: Shall we create a meta page on the wiki with each other's handy info such as timezones? Would be handy for discussions on IRC etc.

grtz,
BjornW