cc-de - Re: [Cc-de] Choice of Law

cc-de AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Till Jaeger <till.jaeger AT ifross.de>
  • To: Peter Brink <peter.brink AT brinkdata.se>
  • Cc: cc-de AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-de] Choice of Law
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:55:18 +0200

Peter Brink schrieb:
> At the Swedish CC list we are discussing whether or not to include a
> choice of law clause in the Swedish license. The German license is one
> of the 15 licenses that do have a choice of law clause, and I'm wonder
> what considerations made the German drafters include such a clause?

The initial intention was to establish a license text effective under German
law. We have considered the risk that German law could not be applicable
without
such choice of law clause. A license text effective under German law does make
sense only in the case that German law is really applicable.

All the best for your CC project!

Till

Institut für Rechtsfragen der Freien und Open Source Software (ifrOSS)
Linprunstraße 35 | 80335 München
Tel.: +49.89.211 871 0 | www.ifross.de
Dr. Till Jaeger

  • Re: [Cc-de] Choice of Law, Till Jaeger, 09/19/2005