cc-co - [Cc-co] Fwd: [FC-discuss] Call for participation: Edit Wikipedia Week

cc-co AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Lista de discusi髇 del proyecto Creative Commons Colombia

  • From: "BiCho Vargas" <bichuelo AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-co AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-co] Fwd: [FC-discuss] Call for participation: Edit Wikipedia Week
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 03:40:05 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dmcdevit <dmcdevit AT cox.net>
Date: 18/11/2007 03:11
To: Discussion of Free Culture in general and this organization in particular <discuss AT freeculture.org>

Wikimedia is planning a first, and experimental, global grassroots
initiative called "Edit Wikipedia Week"
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Edit_Wikipedia_Week> to bring more
participants to the projects and generally bring people into the free
culture and wiki fold with outreach and education. It is scheduled for
the week of December 3-8. And by "Wikimedia," of course, I mean "the
people who take the initiative to help make this happen in their area,"
that being the wiki way. This is also known as "we." ;-)

Free Culture chapters are perhaps some of the most ideally situated
people of all to spearhead this effort. I'm going to try to make sure we
have some sort of workshop on Wikipedia editing at a computer lab here
at Reed and publicize the initiative. This is also a great way to get
the word out on our mission, shared by Wiki(m/p)edia. I recently had a
relative ask me why Wikipedia hadn't "sold out" like many of the other
dot-coms that became popular: there is a lot of education to be done,
even about one of the most popular references on the web. It would be
great if we have lots events planned across the country (and beyond) on
college campuses. Do whatever you can manage; be creative.

Dominic
-A Wikipedia (and sister projects) regular who also is more than happy
to help out anyone on this list that would like to learn more about it
or get involved in any way, hand-holding included. Send me an email or
find me on IRC (as Dmcdevit).

BiCho-Alfredo Vargas A.
Editor de www.sonidolocal.com
http://www.demandame.blogspot.com/
MSNgr :b1cho AT hotmail.com
Skype:musicabinaria
*
El contenido de este mensaje puede ser informaci贸n privilegiada y confidencial. Si usted no es el destinatario real del mismo, por favor informe de ello a quien lo env铆a y destr煤yalo en forma inmediata. Est谩 prohibida su retenci贸n, grabaci贸n, utilizaci贸n o divulgaci贸n con cualquier prop贸sito.
Todas las ideas y reflexiones expresadas en el presente mensaje electr贸nico corresponden al remitente del mismo y NO representa la posici贸n oficial de la Compa帽铆a.
Este mensaje ha sido verificado con software antivirus; en consecuencia, el remitente de 茅ste no se hace responsable por la presencia en 茅l o en sus anexos de alg煤n virus que pueda generar da帽os en los equipos o programas del destinatario.
*

  • [Cc-co] Fwd: [FC-discuss] Call for participation: Edit Wikipedia Week, BiCho Vargas, 11/18/2007