cc-ch - Re: [Cc-ch] using CC

cc-ch AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: iCommons Switzerland

  • From: Kim Tucker <kctucker AT gmail.com>
  • To: iCommons Switzerland <cc-ch AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-ch] using CC
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 23:10:44 +0200

Hi Raphaël et al,

It is good that you are giving this due thought :-).

Personally, I tend towards "libre licenses": cc-by-sa maximises
freedom even for future derived works (it also encourages growing the
commons via both commercial and non-commercial activities), cc-by is
ok if you don't mind people creating restricted versions/derivatives
of your work.

Using the NC clause is technically problematical. David Wiley
(opencontent) explains why in his "pro" opening statement here:

http://www.wsis-community.org/pg/debates/group:14358/phase/251476/252288

Regarding attribution for CC music played in a public place, after the
song append a sound clip with the attribution: Title, author, license.

A quick web search surfaced this page (which includes some useful hints):

http://www.newmediarights.org/guide/how_to/creative_commons/best_practices_creative_commons_attributions

Kim

PS You might find some useful resources on the following course:
http://wikieducator.org/Open_content_licensing_for_educators/Home