cc-ca - [CC-ca] Podcasting Legal Guide for Canada

cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Canada

  • From: Andy Kaplan-Myrth <andy AT creativecommons.ca>
  • To: cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [CC-ca] Podcasting Legal Guide for Canada
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:13:51 -0400

When Creative Commons published their Podcasting Legal Guide last year, I was approached by Mark Blevis, the Canadian podcaster and host of the Electric Sky Podcast and the Canadian Podcast Buffet. Mark said the Guide was good, but podcasters knew it was written for the U.S. market and felt it had limited use in Canada. Mark asked if CC Canada could create a Canadian version of the Guide that Canadian podcasters could rely on.

Kathleen Simmons and I have worked over the last few months to do just that and we were very happy to launch the Podcasting Legal Guide for Canada this past weekend at the Podcasters Across Borders conference in Kingston, Ontario. There were printed copies for everybody at the conference, but you can get your own copy in pdf format on our website:

http://www.creativecommons.ca/blog/archives/2007/06/26/podcasting-legal-guide-for-canada/

Cheers,
Andy

--
Andy Kaplan-Myrth, LL.B., M.A.
Project Lead, Creative Commons Canada

  • [CC-ca] Podcasting Legal Guide for Canada, Andy Kaplan-Myrth, 06/27/2007