cc-ca - Re: [CC-ca] Moral rights in version 3.0

cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Canada

  • From: Philippe Gauvin <pplepiew AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Andy Kaplan-Myrth <andy AT creativecommons.ca>, <cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-ca] Moral rights in version 3.0
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 19:04:45 -0400

If I remember correctly, it was decided that the right to integrity should be waived to handle precisely these types of complaints. If CC exists to get rid of the middleman, the right to integrity reincorporates the need to contact the rights holders for any uses if you don't want surprises down the road. In this case he has a claim as there was no attribution but I will keep arguing that the right to integrity has no place in a CC license. If authors want to keep it they can also refrain from using CC licenses...

International debate should be interesting.

Phil